Tuesday, June 08, 2010

get well cards

get-well-dinoSupplies: Bazzill cardstock, alpha stickers, alpha stamps, dino stickers, black pen, Upper Crest Border Punch, corner rounder, and black ink.

The smudgy black was a happy accident. I was finishing up and my fingers had ink on them and well… it got on the card. I decided to just go with it and add some more. Since it’s for an 8 year old boy, I think it works! And those dinosaur stickers? I have had them forever and can’t believe they finally got used. I honestly don’t know why I purchased them in the first place, lol!

feel-better-robotSupplies: All Occasions stamp (Hero Arts), patterned paper (Robot Love, Planetarium, Cyber Kiss, Eclipse from the Super Stud Collection by Bella Blvd.), Scallop Sentiment Border Punch, and black ink.

My youngest has surgery this morning for his sinuses so I made these cards for him. The dino card will be from his brother and sister. I think he’ll like them! I’ve got all kinds of consolation gifts planned for him. He’s had terrible sinus problems for so long and the recover time will probably be around two weeks so I might have gone a little overboard with the extras. I hate the idea that he’s going to be in pain but it’s all for a good cause… him feeling better all the time! Anyway, I’m thinking today is going to be a long day. I might be just as nervous as he is. Wish us luck!

 Use Your Stash total: 34 down, 16 to go.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Ziggyeor said...

Those cards are great and I hope your little one feels better soon!

~kelly marie~ said...

Sending lots of love to your kiddo! I am sure these cards will make him smile!

libby said...

Love the cards - and the ink smudges work great. Hope the surgery went well and you boy is recovering well.

Libby