Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother’s Day

Because I’ve got more than one wonderful Mom in my life I made three cards and I wanted to share them…

For my Mom

Supplies: Making Memories card base, Dots and Flowers stamp (Hero Arts), VersaMark ink, chalk ink, Craft Glue (Martha Stewart Crafts), ribbon, flower, and glitter (Caribbean, Barbara Trombley’s Art Glitter).

I stamped with VersaMark ink and then went over the image with green chalk ink. I added a dot of Craft Glue in between each little stamp pattered and covered it all with glitter. I brushed off the excess glitter once it was all dry. I used a little bit of the Craft Glue under various parts of the ribbon to have it stay in place (I did this for the next card too).

Note: I love the Martha Stewart Craft Glue! I found it at Wal-Mart but our Michael’s carries it too. It dries fairly quick, dries clear, has a good hold, and the tip doesn’t clog. I’ve gone through several craft glues and the tip clogging is an issue, drives me a little nuts actually. I’ve used it for about 6 months  and no clogging yet... don’t know if it makes a difference but I do store it upside down. 

For my step-Mom

Supplies: kraft cardstock (Bazzill), patterned paper from my stash, butterflies (Heidi Swapp), Fiskars Scallop Sentiment Border punch, ribbon, Craft Glue (Martha Stewart Crafts), and a 7 gypsies bracket stamp.

For my Grandma

Supplies: white cardstock (Bazzill), Fiskars Scallop Sentiment Border Punch, Heidi Grace flower, and patterned paper from my stash.

Use Your Stash total: 28 down, 22 to go.

Happy Mother’s Day to all the mama’s and soon to be mama’s!

No comments: