Wednesday, January 27, 2010

year in review layout and a card


Kickin’ off the New Year with a simple layout… my favorite kind. I got the idea from a challenge on the KI Memories blog to create a year in review layout. When I start a layout, I normally have a pretty basic idea in my head of what I’m going to do, but when I get started I feel like I have to add all this stuff because let’s be honest, I have a lot of stuff. Odd thing is, when there is too much stuff on a page (one I make mind you), I just don’t like it as well. It feels to cluttered. When I keep it nice and simple, crisp with clean lines, I always love it. I’m a simple girl at heart and this layout makes me happy!

Simple with clean lines is how I seem to be in my everyday life too. I don’t like clutter, I find it overwhelming which is probably why my scrapbook room is set up the way it is and I pick up after every project.


I also made a card using the January The Girls Loft kit and sketch 151 from CPS (love their sketches!). I’m really diggin’ the colors in the GL kit, the papers are gorgeous… love them! I'm going to send the card to my awesome Grandma, she'll be 92 next month. :-)

My Project Life kit  came yesterday and now I’m off to play!

Use Your Stash total: 19 down, 31 to go.

1 comment:

A Cupcake Life said...

Love your clean layout! Thanks for posting your link.