Friday, January 01, 2010

playlist for 2010

Stephenie had an awesome idea… I loved the idea and quickly started adding songs to my play list. The music I picked for my playlist for life goes along with my word for 2010 (positive!). I picked songs that I loved, found uplifting in someway, or just made me happy. My main song for the year is Don’t Stop Believin’… I couldn’t make up my mind between the original Journey version or the one from the Glee soundtrack so I went with both.

Positive Music for 2010
  1. Don’t Stop Believin’   Glee Soundtrack Vol. 1 *
  2. Don’t Stop Believin’   Journey *
  3. Open Your Heart  – Madonna
  4. Sexy Back  – Justin Timberlake
  5. I Gotta Feeling  – Black Eyed Peas
  6. Walk the Line  – Johnny Cash
  7. Imagine  – Glee Soundtrack Vol. 2
  8. My Next Thirty Years  – Tim McGraw
  9. I’ll Stand by You  – Glee Soundtrack Vol. 2 *
  10. Peaceful Easy Feeling  – The Eagles
  11. Hey, Soul Sister  – Train
  12. It Works for Me  – Toby Keith
  13. Young  – Kenny Chesney
  14. Amen  – Kid Rock*
  15. Respect  – Aretha Franklin
  16. You Can’t Always Get What You Want   Glee Soundtrack Vol. 2 *
  17. When U Love Someone  – Kid Rock
  18. Sweet Caroline  – Glee Soundtrack Vol. 1
  19. Shooting Star  – Bad Company
  20. Unanswered Prayers – Garth Brooks
  21. American Woman  – Lenny Kravitz
  22. Lean on Me  – Glee Soundtrack Vol. 2
  23. Words  – Train
  24. This One’s for the Girls  – Martina McBride
  25. Blue Jeans and Rosary  – Kid Rock
  26. Sweet Home Alabama  – Lynyrd Skynyrd
  27. Son of a Preacher Man  – Dusty Springfield
  28. Chicken Fried  – Zac Brown Band
  29. Big Star  – Kenny Chesney
  30. Crazy  – Michael BĂșble
  31. Smile   Glee Soundtrack Vol. 2 *
Technically that’s 31 songs but I’m calling it 30 since the same song is on there twice (just by different groups). I had a heck of a time getting it down that low… my goal was 20… there was no way that was going to happen. I will add that I created this playlist from music I own. If I was going to do it as a free for all from all the music out there, I probably would have come up with an entirely different list.

Oh... if you haven't figured it out yet, I have a thing for Glee...
Glee: The Music, Volume 1 Glee: The Music, Volume 2
*favorites


What’s on your playlist?

3 comments:

Diana said...

Love this idea. Thanks for sharing. Project 365 going on over at my blog. check it out!

Lisa said...

love this idea too - saw it, created it, burnt it, listening to it! thanks for the inspiration!

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

cool idea!! and i'd have to say that glee is definitely on my list too!!