Sunday, November 08, 2009

funky table runner

Some things are a good idea in theory, like when you’re at Hobby Lobby and you see some gorgeous fabric and think, that will make a fabulous non-traditional Thanksgiving table runner. My thinking was there was brown involved so I could pull it off... wrong. My family did not agree… my daughter said it reminded her of a birthday and my husband said he couldn’t get the song “Tiny Bubbles” out of his head. So maybe the colors are a bit too funky to pull off even a non-traditional Thanksgiving look but whatever… I like it and it’s staying on the darn table! Well, it’s staying there until I can go back to Hobby Lobby and buy some fall/harvest fabrics and make another one to replace this one… and this one will be reserved for birthdays because the girls was right (but we’ll keep that our little secret)!

I used the basic idea for the table runner from these placemats... quick and easy!

The turkey looks kind of pathetic and lonely doesn't he? Sadly, it's the only Thanksgiving decoration we own... which is why I was trying to make a Thanksgiving table runner, so we could have more. Ironic isn't it?

What I learned: just because I really love something doesn't mean I can always make it work for the project I am making.

6 comments:

Erin Bassett said...

I personally love it! Once the table is all dressed with dishes and a centerpiece it will really tie in nicely. Great job!

Debi said...

Okay... I understand the "it doesn't really look like Thanksgiving" thoughts... but I definitely see autumn so you hang in there... I love it!

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

i love it, but i see what they are saying, though it wasn't until they said it. maybe it's NOT so much the colors but the design. i think it's funky & eclectic which i'm all about. i agree with what erin ^^^ said, it'll look good with all the food, plates, etc!

libby said...

LOVE the tablerunner - now you've got me thinking what I could do with our kitchen table.
Can't wait to see the thanksgiving one :-).

Libby

Ladydoc said...

Get some plastic pumpkins different sizes on sale at M's and cover with glue and Martha Stewart glitter one each yellow, blue and orange with brown stems. Put the turkey on a decorated cylinder box to elevate hin among the pumpkins. Add candles with candle holders that accent the theme and you'll have a funky fun Thanksgiving table.

Maria Gurnsey said...

I love the bright colors of this :)

Maria
Got {ippity}?
http://salesbym.blogspot.com