Grandma’s Pork Chops
- 4-6 pork chops or cut pork loins*
- 2 cans Campbell’s Chicken and Rice soup
Put the pork chops in the crockpot and dump on the soups, cook for 6 hours. wa-la!
Note: My grandma always would make this when I was little and I still request it when I see her. When I asked her for the recipe, I was shocked because I had no idea it was so simple. You can take it one-step further and brown the pork chops for a few minutes a side in oil first but I normally skip this step.
*how many I use depends on the size/thickness.
Deli Style Brisket
- 4 pounds beef brisket
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
Cook on Low, all day, for the most tender brisket you will ever eat. For gravy, remove brisket from the slow cooker, and increase temperature to High. Mix flour with 1/4 cup water, add to pot, and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Note: When I make this recipe, I normally skip the gravy part… it is not one of my strong suits. If everyone wants gravy, I’ll normally add a brown gravy packet instead of the flour. I’ve made the gravy with the flour before and it turns out fine, I just think the gravy packet is more flavorful.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced*
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 (10 ounce) package refrigerated biscuit dough, quartered
I adapted this recipe from one I found at AllRecipes.com. I read the reviews and adjusted it to my liking.
*sometimes I use the onion, sometimes I don't, it's good either way but the kids like it when I forget!
What are some of your favorite crockpot recipes? Feel free to share the recipe or link.