I made a Rag Quilt… I am beyond happy with how it turned out! I’d never made a quilt before but always wanted to try and was wanting to break out of my comfort zone with creating so I decided to go for it... no time like the present!
- I used these directions.
- Fell in love the Fiskars 45mm Comfort Grip Rotary Cutter.
- I was originally only going to do the center colors but it wasn’t as big as I thought it would be (math and I aren’t friends).
- It was suppose to be a weekend project… and the main center portion was but then I had to go and add to it and extend the process.
- Bought black fabric to go around it to make it bigger… cut everything, pinned it… didn’t like it… took it all apart.
- Went and bought black fabric with polka dots and started over… liked it!
- Somewhere in there I had an adventure with the batting… I’ll spare you the details…
- In the middle of all this I started a Halloween costume (what was I thinking?!).
- Clipped everything with my Softouch Micro-Tip Scissors.
I am a happy camper and am looking forward to when it finally gets cold (and stays cold!) because I’ll have something colorful and warm to curl up on the couch with!!!
Have a great week… from the sporadic blogger!