Monday, July 06, 2009

sharing some new layouts

just cuz’ he’s cute – I used my favorite kraft cardstock… it’s definitely my go-to paper because it goes with everything. I also used the Upper Crest border punch on some grid paper, MaVinci medium It’s My Type stamps, red patterned paper, black ink, and a chipboard element from Scenic Route.

DrewScenic Route journal spot, some older Scenic Route patterned paper I had in my scrap bin, Queen & Co. chipboard alphas, a little Heidi Grace chipboard circle, and an Around The Block chipboard flower.

playingway simple but I love it! I used the medium IMT MaVinci stamps and some chalk ink.

There was actually another layout I made but let’s just say there all not share worthy… sometimes there just done! That makes 8 layouts complete for the Use Your Stash Challenge!

Follow up to my alpha update post

Libby asked, “How do manage your collection or do you just have a small range/colour that you use?

I try to keep shapes and sizes in a variety of colors so they can be used with anything… I try to stick with colors that I normally use. I like to look for shapes and colors that I think can be universal, that way I feel like I’m getting more bang for my buck so to speak. With future purchases, I plan to stick with solid colors and stay away from patterns because I find multi-colored alphas harder to use (the ones I have now might be sitting in my basket until my next purge comes around!). My main goal now is to not outgrow the basket. If I can’t find what I’m looking for then I’d better grab my Quickutz!

Before I redid my area, I had the majority of my alphas in one of my white drawers… and by all I mean it was packed full of rub-ons, punch outs, and stickers. I also had a Sterilite drawer that was pretty full too, mostly holding alpha chipboards. There was so much stuff, a lot of which I didn’t even like, that by the time I looked in the drawer I was overwhelmed and didn’t want to use any of it... which means I pretty much wasn’t using anything and my collection wasn’t managed at all. With the scrapbook room redo, I really wanted to make sure that I liked what I had and was realistic about what I was going to use. I got rid of at least ½ my alpha’s (the majority of which were rub-ons) and what is in the basket is what is left.

Here’s to a fantastic week!

2 comments:

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

good stuff as always...i love the stamps and that punch!

libby said...

Hi Gretchen,

Great layouts and thanks for answering my question. I'm on vacation at the moment and rather behind on my fav. blogs :-).

Libby