Sunday, July 19, 2009

lo: vacation getaway

This layout was inspired – and pretty much CASE’d – from the newly updated Hero Arts website. The original layout is called "Thank You" by Robyn Werlich. I really loved how she used the colored pencils on the kraft cardstock. You can find the original layout HERE.

Other supplies used: black and red cardstock, Scenic Route patterned paper, Threading Water Border Punch, Scallop Border punch, Circle Squeeze Punch, Hero Arts Stamps (Getaway Travel, Favorite Journal, and Small Variety Alphabet), and colored pencils.

Other Projects
Birthday Note Card - quick and easy (which is awesome when you’re in a hurry). I added some Heidi Swapp bling, a Queen & Co. G, stamped the sentiment on the inside, and added the ribbon. I love that paper, I think I used ever inch I had and I’m sorry to say that might be the last of it.

I also made a 20 page mini album for my brother. I did take pictures of it but am thinking I’m not going to share… just because some things are extra special and private and I think I want to leave it that way. Since it was a small mini album I’m counting it as 7 pages.

Other Stuff
This coming week will be my first free week of the summer… no running around! I can’t wait! I am hoping to get the rest of my layouts for the challenge made because I have a serious itch to shop. Can you say Thickers and Hero Arts Stamps?

I now have 23 layouts complete… this challenge is awesome! 7 more to go!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

GRETCHEN!!!!! I havn't had the time to blog hop for awhile, but decided to play for a bit before heading to bed....and girl BEAUTIFUL stuff. Can I just send my pictures to you???? LOL

Hope life is treating you and your family well.

Cassie (from scrappyarts)