Saturday, July 25, 2009

card: a happy hello {Hero Arts Blog Hop}

I created this card for a challenge on the Hero Arts blog using monochromatic colors. I'm also participating in the Hero Arts Blog Hop, be sure to click on the link to see the list of everyone who is participating.

Supplies: card base (Rob and Bob Studio by Provo Craftfrom long ago!), patterned paper, Hero Arts stamps (Dot Pattern – this is an older stamp that came in a set of 4, Hello Tree, and Happy Hello), border punch, and rain dots.

I don't really have an amazing story about how I got started with Hero Arts stamps. It's pretty much the following: I saw, I liked, I bought, and now I use! :-)

Enjoy your Saturday!

18 comments:

Heather Maria said...

Love your card. All the pink is lovely and the little owl is so cute peeking out the window.

Hannah. F said...

Love the Monochromatic Pinks!

paperella said...

What a cute card! Love how you combined pink and red, and the pretty accents!

Anne said...

Hi, Gretchen! Pretty card! I like the paint splattered edges around the card. And I like the window you made for the owl and the stitching. The Hello/Hugs tree is cute with the Happy Hello sentiment, too! Happy Blog Hopping! :-)

Kelly Booth said...

So cute...Love the Pink and Red Combo!

dustypenny said...

Just adorable. So much detail and color. Great card, Gretchen!

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

very cute!! love the little owl peeking through!

sideoats + scribbles said...

Hee hee, so cute! Love the owl peeking out of the window -- and love your story -- short + sweet!

Kath said...

this is so cute....love that little owl and I am loving reading everyone's hero arts story..hugs kath xxxxx

Tomo H. said...

Hi! What a cute card! Love your owl peeking through the circle. Fantastic design card. Love it!

Chris Millar said...

Love your perfectly pink card!!!! Glad you could join in the blog hop!!!!

paula said...

Your card is beautiful :)

Alice Wertz said...

This is so cute! Love all the pretty pinks! Such a lovely card!!

Shanna said...

oooooooh! I *heart* that cute lil owl! thanks for sharing!

laura vegas said...

cute card! that little owl peeking out the front of the card is adorable! and i think your "story" is perfect ;)

1scrappycat said...

Sooooo cute! I love pink and the owl is adorable!

Virginia L. said...

I admire your pink owl card a lot!!! You are so talented! Thanks for sharing your blog with us. How FUN to visit you here!

Kryssi said...

So cute!