Monday, March 16, 2009

sorting scraps

The kids are officially on Spring Break, which means everyone is home (minus the man, he's still got to work!)... and I am already wondering just how much I'll get done in the creating department. I'm just going to take it one step at a time. This week is pretty much going to be one big weekend of me not focusing!

My Creativity For The Day

I’m sorting through my scraps today. My rule of thumb is, if I think the drawer is to full, then it’s time to sort. I actually enjoy this task! It’s always fun to see what combinations end up next to one another in the drawer. Sometimes I find papers that work so well together, yet I never would have thought of the combination if they weren’t just tossed in there together and mixed around.

I’ll be throwing away bits of paper that are just to small to save or have been in the drawer forever. Some paper you know you just won’t use again. For now, I’m just going to keep them in one drawer like I have been… I’ve been contemplating sorting them by color but I’m just not there yet. This system works for me and I’m not ready to change it… not just yet.

Smile!

3 comments:

libby said...

Hi Gretchen,

How do you use your scraps? On layouts, cards? I have a scrap drawer too but have a hard time using it well.

Libby

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

you inspired me to dig my desk out from under the mess it's been in with your daily creativity.

due to my lack of scrapping, i have a lack of scraps. but if my scraps are large, say @ least 1/4 of the sheet, i will store it back in the paper tray with similar papers. if it's smaller, but has to be big enough for a punch, i store those in a file, by type of paper or i toss it over to the kids!

(i finally used the owl last week to make a couple of b-day cards...that i didn't take a pic of...darnit!)

lisaday said...

Scraps are so fun to see together. My problem is that I put them together and very rarely ever look at them again. Maybe I'll have to pull them out!