Friday, March 06, 2009

learning how to create brushes

My Creativity For The Day

I’m learning something new… at least trying to. I found this entry on the Studio Calico blogBrushes, Stamps, & PNGS ... Oh My!! The entry contains a link to a downloadable tutorial created by JennO. I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not very good when it comes to anything digital… I can edit photos and add text, but that’s pretty much it. I love the idea of putting an image created by me on photos I share and projects I upload so the idea of learning how to create my own personal brushes really intrigued me.

I made two simple brushes to start with… because I wanted to make sure I could actually do it before I spent the time on drawing a detailed image. I just need to play with it some more and experiment. The tutorial is actually very easy to follow and broke down into simple steps… so if you’re clueless like me, then this will be perfect for you.

The first brush I made is just my name and the year plus a little heart... when I leave notes for the kids or the man I always add a heart (please excuse the picture of me being obnoxious... though it's pretty true to life!).

The second brush I created is a journaling block. I don't know if I'll ever do anything with it but it was cool to step outside my comfort zone and do something besides just my name.

Thank you JennO for such a great tutorial! :-)

Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

Maya said...

You did great! It is definitely something I want to learn.

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

very cool!! thanks for sharing the link...i've started playing with digital lately, so i'll have to check it out.