Friday, March 20, 2009

fish tacos

My Creativity For The Day

Fish Tacos!!!! I’m seriously excited about making these. I’m making homemade Pico de Gallo too! It’s not paper and glue creative but I don’t care, I’ve been waiting for two weeks to make them so today, I’m all about Fish Tacos!

I make homemade Pico quite a bit, love the colors, the chopping, the whole process. My step-Dad gave me the recipe I use. I’ve tweaked it to my liking and wanted to share it.

Papa Bill’s Pico

6-8 Roma Tomatoes
1 medium white onion
2-4 jalapeño’s
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp. dried cilantro
2 tbsp. lemon juice
¼ tsp. salt

Chop tomatoes and onion. Cut off ends of jalapeño’s and cut in half, remove seeds as desired (the more seeds there are, the hotter it will be), chop. Place items in mixing bowl. Add minced garlic, cilantro, lemon juice, and salt. Mix together gently. Cover and chill for at least an hour before serving. Good for up to a week (if it lasts that long!).

Note: If the pico is too hot for your liking add more tomatoes and a little more lemon juice. You can use fresh cilantro in place of the dried, I just happen to prefer the dried when making Pico.

Happy Friday!