Sunday, March 01, 2009

The Creativity Project and various scrappy stuff

various things… me rambling… because that’s what I do…

The Creativity Project with Lisa Day

The Creativity Project – I love this idea and I am so on board!

Lisa Day wrote, “If you read my blog you know that I scrapbook and I love being creative. But, you’ll also notice that I haven’t been posting much lately and that’s because I’m burnt out. It just hasn’t been the same for me. I thought I wanted to be on design teams and get published and that’s what I wanted scrapbooking to be in my life, but the more I chased it the less I loved this hobby. I decided to step back from it a little and really reflect on why I was chasing something I wasn’t even sure I wanted. I thought it would be fun and make me more creative, but instead it was stifling my creativity and taking away my time with my kids and adding stress I didn’t need (nor want).”

Her words but it completely sums up how I have felt and have been feeling. I love the idea of doing something creative everyday – heck, I’ve created classes about it – but this is different because it’s any creative thing. Thank you Lisa for such a great idea! Here’s to being creative every day.

Scrappy Stuff

  • On Saturday I woke up to a fun surprise, I won a set of Ali Edwards stamps on the Studio Calico blog. It’s a gorgeous kit club. They’ve got a great design team too. I’ll admit, I’m partial to Stephanie Howell’s work. I don’t know her but her layouts are amazing.
  • A new episode of FiskarsTV is up. The Birds of a Feather book is very cool. There’s an instruction sheet you can download too.
  • Fiskars Sketches - March Layout and Card Sketch.
  • The Scrap Review - a new blog for reviewing scrapbook products. Real product reviews by real scrappers. Today is their launch day.
  • Scallop Sentiment Boarder Punch – it’s my new want. I’m trying to find it locally but am not having any luck. I wonder how long it will take me to break down and just order it? I use the heck out of my Threading Water punch so I know I’ll love the plain scallops.

My Creativity For The Day

I’ll be editing photos. Not a huge task I know but I do love my photos and going through them and editing them always makes me happy.

Have a great March!

No comments: