Thursday, March 19, 2009

a card and scraps revisited

Today has been a much better day than yesterday. I’ve come to the conclusion that besides my ongoing saga with my sinuses, I must have allergy problems too. I took allergy medicine today and it made a world of difference. I don’t feel like I’m at 100% but I am functioning so that’s a heck of a lot better than yesterday.

My Creativity For The Day

Cards! I made a few and am sharing my favorite one.

I also wanted to follow up on my sorting scraps entry. The card I made was inspired by my scraps… little bits of paper that were left over from favorite patterns that I did not want to part with. I knew if I didn’t make something right away, they’d be lost (or tossed!) forever. Libby asked what I did with my scraps… I make cards with them, stamp on them, or use them on layouts. I use them like I would use any other piece of paper… I always (I mean ALWAYS!) look in my scrap bin before I cut into a new piece of paper. A year and a half ago when we moved into this house I pretty much just made myself start looking in my bin first because I realized they weren’t getting used at all. It's a habit now and looking there first has really worked for me… and helped to keep my scraps under control.

Have a great Thursday!

3 comments:

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

love the card! and glad that you are better.

i am finally starting to feel my mojo coming back. thanks for making me jealous of your creativity and organization;0) i finally have gotten my mess somewhat manageable and organized because of it. i still have to take care of the odds and ends...but almost there! thanks!

Dani said...

Fantastic card I love it!!

libby said...

Thanks Gretchen. I'll take your advice and start looking in my drawers FIRST. Love the card!!!

Libby