Tuesday, November 18, 2008

my Quickutz perfect shape die is an…

OWL!

I have waited forever to say that (at least it seems like forever!) so I am happy to finally get to share. I got to create a custom die for winning the Quickutz Perfect Shape contest (the winner was randomly chosen by the way).

I haven’t received the final die with the packaging yet (I just have a protype die) but the image can be viewed online. Quickutz is showing it differently than I would have. Three things… the head needs to be lower, the eyes should be closer together, and the feet should be closer together and behind the body. That is how I always pictured it in my head anyway. A view of how I thought the owl would be is pictured above.

Why an owl? For my Grandma…

(click here for a bigger image)

Here is an image of the owl from the Quickutz site…

So anyway… I am excited! AND I no longer have to keep it a secret. :-)

I hope ya’ll like it!

17 comments:

Mary said...

Congrats!! it is SO cute and I can't wait to get my hands on it!!

Greta Adams said...

ekkk so happy for you and that owl is adorable

Lisa Mc said...

Gretchen, it's SO cute!!! And you're right...the way you show it is way cuter than the way they show it (although he's so cute he looks great either way!)

I thought I'd tell you too that he shows up on the Archivers' newsletter email I received today. I'll try to forward it to you.

Congratulations! He's just adorable!!!

Happy Tuesday!
Lisa

Misty R said...

The owl is so cute! One of my favorite of the new releases. Congrats!

melita said...

that is soooo adorable!!! love it! congratulations!

Maya said...

Awsome die and beautiful story! Congratulations again!

daurenet said...

Soo Cute, I love it. What a great job you did, I like it the way you show it also. Congrats to you!
daurenet

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

about freakin' time!!! i absolutely love it! it's so stinkin' cute and looks so big...i might have to buy my first qk die!

Vicki said...

Big congrats to you! I can only imagine how excited that you must be! You did one awesome job on this design, I love it! This is a die that I will be shopping for.

Way to go!

Leslie Ashe said...

CONGRATULATIONS Gretchen!!!!
I LOVE HIM!! He's CUTE!!!!!

Mardi said...

Excellent! WTG girl!

Patti Smith said...

I've been following this on your blog....I'm so excited for you Gretchen it is such a great die...that is really a big deal....way to go girl...

jacqui said...

Congrats Gretchen! I LOVE your Owl Die cut! I love your take on it too! He's got such personality. Have you given him a name?

Rhona said...

I LOVE HIM!!! So cute. I wonder how long we'll have to wait before he arrives in the UK :o(

Carrie Egg said...

Gretchen, this is so awesome! I love your adorable OWL! I agree about the changes that you suggested. He is super cute though -- either way. And so special that you did this for your grandma!

Karen said...

So darling! This is really fantastic! Congrats!
-Ladydoc

krista said...

love this owl! he is too cute!!!!