Friday, November 09, 2007

Roundup recap


This past weekend in San Antonio was incredible! Meeting the other Fiskateer "Nifty Fifty" at the Roundup was really an inspiring experience. It was so fun to put faces to names and really get to know people. My roommate was Maya Oren-Dahan (who is an absolute sweetheart!). I spent some time getting to know Lisa Pace, Jane Hasty, Patti Church, and Kimberly Brock as well – they are truly amazing women! I met a ton of others too but everything is starting to get jumbled in my head and I can’t seem to keep people straight! Meeting the lead Fiskateers was awesome too… Stephenie, Cheryl, and Holly are wonderful – I’m just sorry that May couldn’t have been there. It was such a well run and organized event… Heidi Grace from Heidi Grace Designs and Nancy from Cloud 9 where there too. I can’t begin to say enough good things about this event! On that note, my next task is to train 20 people that would like to become Fiskars Demonstrators. 


The only bad thing about my trip was that on Saturday I started feeling a bit stuffy… by Sunday I was very stuffy and not at all myself. The flight home didn’t help and come Monday morning, I was out! I was in bed all day and on Tuesday, Kevin (my wonderful husband who did a terrific job playing Mr. Mom!) took me to the doctor. I had a full blown, very nasty, sinus infection! yuck! Yesterday was the first day that I felt normal enough to leave the house. I think I did too much because today I am completely exhausted and have tossed my “to do” list in the trash!!!


Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

What a fun photo! I sent you an email! :)

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

love the new layout and card, too cute...i can only imagine seeing the orange hats. glad to hear your better...i usually end up with severe sinusitis and bronchitis EVERY winter! YUK!

Cherie Smutnick said...

OMG Gretchen. I just left you a note on the Fiskateers web-site about hoping your trip home went well. I just came across this on your blog I am so sorry to hear you weren't feel well. Good to hear you DH took reall good care of you. Hoping you are feeling better now. I love the picture that you posted of the Nifty-Fifty - we received one from Stephanie before we left SA but I really love this one too. I am going to see if I am able to print this one out. Please take good care of yourself. You are such a sweet person. Cherie #1160

Kim Hughes said...

aww, hope you are feeling better

super cute projects!

sounds like a fabulous time with the Fiskar's team. :)