Wednesday, August 08, 2007

woo! hoo! but ugh!

Yesterday I posted that our house was finally up for sale. We actually put it on the market on Thursday. About thirty minutes after I posted our agent called to tell me we got an offer on the house… which we accepted! However, there is a short close date… the 27th of this month… which is the flippin’ first day of school! so woo! hoo! but ugh! Now we just need to find a house, get moved, and deal with the start of school (and new schools!)… should be interesting.

I’m off to take a few deep breaths… enjoy your Wednesday!

7 comments:

Alicia said...

Holy CRUD! That is awesome... You BETTER be off looking for a new house! Big congrats!

Kate said...

I feel your pain. We built a new house last year and sold one at the same time. Our sale took longer than your 24 hours, but they wanted a quick close too and we ended up closing on the first day of school and then spending the next three weeks in a one bedroom efficiency while the new house was finished. What a nightmare. But, we survived, and I know you will too! :-)

shawnna said...

OMGosh Gretchen
That is FREAKIN EXCITED
Sending you prayers for a smooth transition

so A"MUSE"D said...

amazing... I could use some of that quick house selling myself...

Ginny said...

Congrats on selling your house! But how in the world are you going to pull this off? It would take me 3 weeks to pack just my scraproom. Good luck - if I lived closer, I'd offer to help.

Jana said...

Congrats on the quick sell!!!!

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

wowzers!!! congrats!!! and just keep telling yourself it will be over with before you know it. good luck on the new house search!