Monday, May 14, 2007

the evolution of my scrap area

Over the years, my scrap area has changed a lot... I thought it would be fun to do a blog entry on the evolution of my scrap area. I will start by saying that we have a small house, 1400 sq.ft. I’ve never had a dedicated room, I’ve always shared a room. When I started scrapbooking in 1999, all I had was an Iris Cart and from there my supplies grew like wild fire. Everything was pretty pieced together and moved around until I ended up in the dining room right next to the computer desk.

This brings us to April of 2005 when I moved our computer desk into the Master Bedroom to make more room for my stuff.



Here is a shot from May of 2005a mess in progress!


In June of 2005, my husband brought home some counter high cabinets for me to use. This by far has been my favorite set up. The best part of all, he got them for free!

Here are a few random shots…

October 2005


November 2005



January 2006



April 2006


In June of 2006, we started this whole “we’re going to move thing.” It was time to take my scrap area apart to make the dining room look more like a dining room… in an effort to make the area look bigger and hopefully help us sell the place fast. I went from my awesome counter top to sparse… that’s okay though, it’s all for the cause. I am all for making do with what you have.


In October of 2006 we had a little ant problem… well, little is a polite way to put it, lol!



Of course somewhere between June and October of 2006 all of our house stuff went to crap and our progress stalled. I still wanted to and needed to scrapbook and had stuff I had to be doing for Big Picture Scrapbooking. The show went on so to speak… these photos are from November 2006. I'd pull out a folding table table to work... good times, good times!

This moves us to present day, May of 2007! What was whittled down to barely nothing in June of 2006 has grown quite a bit. I do have some stuff stored in our Master Closet but my scrap area in the dining room has expanded again. I like to stand when I scrap so a few months back I cleaned up our built in hutch (which was pretty much a "pile of crap" collector). It's a small area to work in but sometimes you just have make it work. I try not to do to much on the table that can't easily be moved - we still have to eat there after all!

Current views ---

When we moved in, the carpet was brand new… we totally killed it… well, the kids did. We never have gotten a nice dining room set, the one we want won’t fit into the space so we continue to make do with what’s left over from college life. As far as our house progress goes (ugh!)… we hopefully we’ll be listing it sometime this summer. We are almost done. almost. always almost. anyway… lol!

And that’s the evolution of my scrap area… if you made it this far, thanks for sticking around to partake in my trip down memory lane!!!

Have a fantabulistic Monday!!! (today seems like as good as day as any to make up positive words don’t you think?)

3 comments:

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

heehee! i will NOT be posting ANY ics of my {s}CRAP area for sure. i wondering about the house thing. good luck with that. ;0)

Juel said...

Ya know I saw this beautiful diningroom table at my local Shopko store a few months ago. It is a dark exspresso color and would make a wonderful stand up scrapbook table!!

prairyk said...

Hang in there, Gretchen. The house thing is a pain, but...we moved to a wonderful new one last July & had our old one on the market all this time. Finally yesterday, a PROBABLE buyer! That means we have an agreement, but no signed contract (this weekend we hope) or exchange of money, etc. Fingers crossed. Meanwhile, I'm STILL emptying boxes & trying to arrange my scrap/photo studio.