Wednesday, April 26, 2006

live BIG, blog BIG

Stacy Julian is featuring me on her blog this week, and asked me to share a little insight into me and my life!

What is one of your BIG dreams?
You think it would be scrapbook related wouldn't you? nope! The biggest dream would be for us to put all 3 kids through college without them having to take out a student loan. If we are talking scrapbook related, I'd love to write scrapbook or paper crafting related articles for some of my favorite magazines.

What’s the biggest dessert you’ve ever eaten?
I have been known to over indulge on Butterfinger Blizzards from DQ occasionally and who can say no to Strawberry Shortcake made with Angel Food cake!

What’s the biggest scrapbooking project you have tackled to date?
If I am doing a big project, I actually try to keep it pretty simple so it doesn't seem big. If I don't, I'll get overwhelmed and wont want to finish it. I think the last big project I did was a little anniversary book for Kevin (and honestly it wasn't that big). If we're talking BIG, I would say my Childhood Memories class for Big Picture.

List three BIG-hearted people in your life:

  • My Grandma Frances, who is the sweetest woman in the world and I miss being able to see her on a regular basis.
  • My husband, who works is butt off to provide for us.
  • My mom... as I get older I realized how much she sacrificed for my brother and I while we were growing up, I am in awe of her selflessness.

What BIG idea are you glad you acted on?
This is actually a hard one because there are so many little things that turned into BIG things... picking up that first scrapbooking kit from Wal-Mart years ago for starters. Submitting, you never known unless you try!!! Going to Summer CHA 2005. I guess these are more things than ideas huh? lol!

What scrapbooking product/product category do you have the biggest stash of?
Cardstock, second to that, patterned paper. My Imagination Project pile beats out my KI stash by about a 1/4"!

What superstar or celebrity would you pay BIG money to see in person?
Robin Williams. If I'm going to shell out the big bucks, I am going to want to be entertained!

What BIG plans are you making for the near future?
We're planning a move! We're 5 people in 1400 sq. ft. and squished doesn't adequately describe it. We're upgrading to 3450 sq. ft. The boys wont have to share a room anymore and we'll have a dedicated office (i.e. I get my own studio!).

How BIG are your feet?
size 8! That's average right?

If you're new to my blog, thank you so much for stopping by! Free free to say HI!!!

Happy Wednesday!

10 comments:

Queue_t said...

the e-mail was in my inbox too! congrats Gretchen what a BIG accomplisment. Good luck I hope you have a great demand for your class.

Tamara

Greta said...

That is great...good luck with the new house...lucky you...

April said...

Hi Gretchen,

This was my first visit to your blog and I just wanted to say "it is so nice to meet you". I love your style and am glad to hear you use stamps in your scrapbooks! I am a Close To My Heart Consultant. If you are interested, give me a holler at aprilgreetings@yahoo.com and I will send you over the new Summer Catalog!

April

lynne said...

nope. size 8 is big. ha ha. just teasing you.
i signed up for you class JUST THIS MINUTE!

Laura Achilles said...

Congratulations G! I got an email as well about your upcoming class! ((((squeal))) so excited for you!

Lisa said...

Woo Hoo Gretchen! I saw the email on your class....YIPEEEEE....I can't wait to hear all about it!!

lee woodside said...

You know I am always here! I signed up for your class too! Can not wait.

Paula said...

this is so exciting Gretchen and we are excited for you!

Jessica Rabbit said...

YAY! your class if finally UP!
I've been waiting for a while now...and here it is.
And Stacy featured you on her blog? now you don't have to worry about your counts being down ever...LOL

hugs Gretchen,
I'm going to sign up RIGHT NOW

Eminepala said...

Hi Gretchen

This is also my first time i'm visiting your blog (thanks to Stacy LOL)... I just want to say HI... I will be tuned for tomorrow...

Greetings from the Netherlands

Emine